Principal House Officer Or Registrar - Emergency Medicine
Principal House Officer or Registrar - Emergency Medicine
Department of Emergency Medicine
An exciting opportunity is currently available for Principal House Officers or Registrars (Emergency Medicine) to join the Emergency team at Mackay Base Hospital. The Emergency Department has 2 resuscitation bays, 3 high dependency bays, 20 consult rooms, a Short Stay Unit and Fast Track area with 3 consult rooms. To learn more about the Mackay HHS please view our corporate video:
|Occupational group||Health - Medical|
|Workplace Location||Mackay region|
|Job ad reference||QLD/MK329077|
|Job duration||Temporary Full Time (76 hrs p.f.) for 12 months|
|Contact person||Sarah Boxall|
Remuneration value up to $147,289 p.a. comprising salary between $110,712 p.a. - $128,362 p.a. (L4 - L9) employer superannuation contribution (up to 12.75%), annual leave loading (17.5%). Applications will remain current for 12 months. Job Ad Reference: MK329077.
Mandatory qualifications/Professional registration/Other requirements
- Mandatory possession of a qualification from a registered tertiary institution and Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency with a current annual practicing certificate is essential.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and if applicable registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- Candidates must provide certified copies of requested proof of identify documents for the purposes of general Criminal history and National Police Certificate checks.
- Shift Workers: Appointees will be required to work all shifts in accordance with the unit roster.
- Licence to Operate Vehicle: This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided prior to the commencement of duty.
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) Requirements: It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough).
- Existing staff that are engaged prior to 1 July 2016 are not subject to this condition of employment unless they apply for a role with VPD requirements that is with a different Queensland Health entity (ie one HHS to another HHS, Department to a HHS, or HHS to Department).
- Hepatitis B Vaccination: Health Care Workers in Queensland Health whose occupation poses a potential risk of exposure to blood or body fluids must be immunised against Hepatitis B according to the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Immunisation Handbook and the Queensland Health Infection Control Guidelines.
How to apply
Please download the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants for instructions on how to apply for this role. If you have difficulty viewing this role description in .pdf format, please contact Mackay Medical Workforce Unit at email@example.com to request it in .doc format.Please note that if the information requested in the ‘how to apply' section is not provided, plus the now mandatory requirement for all curriculum vitae to be provided in a standard template (located at the link in the boxed area above), you may not meet the requirements for further consideration of your application. The Information Package for Applicants outlines pre-employment checks that will be undertaken for successful applicants.
***APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY ONLINE*** The following file types are accepted: .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .rtf, .txt, .doc and docx. Please do not upload zipped files, tagged pdfs or protected documents.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: