Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
- Thrive in a challenging environment to develop innovative ideas
- Ongoing training and professional development in a supported work environment
- Enhance your career at Victoria’s leading regional health care service
About the facility
Barwon Health is the largest regional health service in Victoria, providing care for approximately 78,000 emergency presentations per year. Under Barwon Health’s emergency model of care, patients are streamed to dedicated assessment areas including fast track, adult, paediatric, resuscitation, trauma and mental health areas. The emergency department will be expanding the adult short stay unit and creating a new paediatric short stay unit to ensure consumers receive the right care, in the right time and in the right place. Our mission is to improve access and patient flow to provide a sustainable service that ensures high quality, safe, consumer-focused care.
About the role
Are you looking to join a large, progressive Health Service? Barwon Health's University Geelong Hospital now has an exciting opportunity for Grade 2 Registered Nurses to join the Emergency Department. In this role you will be responsible for the provision of patient focused holistic nursing care to those assigned to you, in order to achieve desired clinical outcomes.
Your role will be within this dynamic and challenging unit where teamwork is paramount and primary nursing is encouraged. You will have highly developed interpersonal skills as well as sound communication skills both verbal and written. You will have emergency nursing experience and a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development. This role requires you to be available to work all shifts on a monthly self-roster including morning, afternoon, night shift and weekends. Post Graduate qualifications in emergency or critical nursing are desirable
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Be our future Barwon Health Strategic Plan
- Aboriginal Employment Plan
- Our Commitment to Child Safety
- At Barwon Health we harness a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We will embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Our organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of our staff and consumers including children and have appropriate recruitment resources in place to ensure background checks and reference checks are completed.
- At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
- We Barwon Health is proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: