Business And Governance Specialist
icare is currently seeking an experienced Business and Governance Specialist with a commercial mindset and a passion for social impact to join the icare Foundation team!
- Commercial mind with a social heart
- 12-month Fixed Term Contract
- Salary from $128,089 + super
The icare Foundation discovers, tests and scales innovations through partnerships that create real and sustained impact for the most vulnerable within the NSW workers compensation system.
We’re looking for an experienced individual to come in and hit the ground running, supporting all business, commercial and governance requirements including the Foundation’s financials, contracting and business systems and driving continuous improvements to our processes.
You’ll be working with a diverse mix of inquisitive, innovative and hardworking people who really care about making a difference for people and the NSW community. You will have a mind for getting things done and heart for people and you will set the bar high through the quality of the work you do and the people-orientated decisions you make.
From a corporate, government or large NFP environment, you’re commercially savvy and will bring your experience in financial management and governance related matters and the ability to confidently be able to provide advice and guidance. You’ll be comfortable engaging and working with academics, government agencies, not for profit and socially focused start-ups. Highly collaborative and socially conscious, with strong communication skills, you will maintain high standards of professionalism in a fast-paced environment.
It’s an exciting workplace where no two days are the same. But on a typical day you might find yourself:
- Working with Foundation partners and icare legal to establish funding agreements for large scale grants, with a social purpose
- Overseeing and managing all aspects of the Foundation finances, including forecasting for an annual budget, identifying budgetary risks and developing quarterly reports for the Foundation Group Leadership Team and Board Committee
- Supporting the GM and senior Foundation staff to draft contract schedules and negotiate key commercial terms with partners (seeking advice from legal as required)
- Establishing the Foundation new investment management system and working with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure the new system is accurately populated with investment data and kept updated as new investments progress through the pipeline
We’re a new kind of organisation, one that’s as supportive and socially conscious as it is agile and explorative. Our DNA of commercial mind and social heart captures who we are at our core.
This opportunity will suit an ambitious person looking to take the next step in their career. If you think you’re the right person for this role, send us your resume (up to 5 pages). Don’t delay as we’re assessing applications as they are received. We’d love to hear how your capabilities, achievements and experience set you apart.
We know our strength comes from the diversity of our people and so we want people with different experiences and backgrounds to apply. We recognise the importance of balance and flexibility and understand that it’s not a one size fits all approach, so we’d be happy to talk about and consider your specific needs.
If there are any accessibility adjustments you need to help you be able to apply for this role, or if you require any further information about the role, please contact Kerry Goode on (02)9216 3060 for a chat.
Please note that you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia or a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport to apply for this role.
- icare is the brand of Insurance & Care NSW
- For more information about icare visit our website
- icare operates a direct sourcing model so no agency introductions will be accepted
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: