Nurse Practitioner - Emergency Department - Cootamundra
MURRUMBIDGEE LOCAL HEALTH DISTRICT
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Nurse Practitioner
Remuneration: $124,247.61 - $133,034.48 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ136806
Vaccinations Category: A
Applications Close: 29 November 2019
Navigate your own career; we have a variety of pathways available at MLHD
Where you will be working
Cootamundra Hospital provides emergency, medical, surgical and maternity services. Of the 33 beds, 17 are medical, 10 surgical, 3 obstetrics and 3 bassinets. A range of community and allied health services are co-located with the GP in HealthOne.
Learn more about the benefits and lifestyle of Cootamundra
What you will be doing
The Nurse Practitioner will facilitate autonomous and shared care for consumers within MLHD Regional Facilities including the Emergency Department, general wards and nurse led clinics
The Nurse Practitioner will work according to their Scope of Practice with predominantly low acuity triage category 3, 4, & 5. The aim will be to facilitate an effective and efficient care journey through the ED meeting Emergency Target performance ( ETP) and time to be seen KPIs. The Nurse Practitioner will also provide clinical support during trauma presentations when required. The NP will provide support to general wards and see consumers in nurse led clinics.
The endorsed Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse educated and authorised to function autonomously and collaboratively in an advanced and extended clinical role. The NP role includes assessment and management of clients using nursing knowledge and skills and may include, but is not limited, to the direct referral of patients to other health care professionals, prescribing medications and ordering diagnostic investigations. The NP role is grounded in the nursing profession's values, knowledge, theories and practise and provides innovative and flexible health care delivery that complements other health care providers. The scope of practice of the nurse practitioner is determined by the context in which the nurse practitioner is authorised to practice.
Note: The approved scope of practice/ formulary for individual Nurse Practitioner is to be attached to the Position Description in personnel file. This would also include a copy of the signed document by the CE.
- Demonstrated advanced nursing practice in a clinical leadership role in the area of practice in which you intend to practise as a nurse practitioner, within the past five years, complemented by research, education and management.
- Demonstrated ability to consult or refer patients appropriately, to work autonomously within a multidisciplinary team and across acute and community settings via leadership, teaching and collaborative skills with evidence of participation in research / quality activities related to specialty nursing.
- Advanced nursing skills in chosen specialty as well as extensive experience in nursing of patients with complex clinical needs conditions and social needs/issues across a variety of clinical settings.
Please refer to the Position Description for the essential requirements and full selection criteria. Your application must include a current resume and address all selection criteria.
- Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. For visa information, please see www.immi.gov.au
- This is a child-related position. You will be required to obtain a NSW Children’s Guardian Working With Children Check (WWCC) which can be found by clicking on the below link: www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au
- If you are applying for a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
- This recruitment process includes pre-employment Online Safe for Work screening.
Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Kerry Lindeman on Kerry.Lindeman@health.nsw.gov.au
MLHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Aboriginal People and people from racial, ethnic or ethno-religious minority groups and people with disability.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: