Nursing Unit Manager Emergency Department
Position Classification: Nurse Unit Manager Level 1
Remuneration: $2166.90 per week
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ140767
Where you'll be working
Northern Sydney’s vision is to be "leaders in healthcare, partners in community wellbeing". Our purpose is “embracing discovery and learning, building partnerships and engaging our community to deliver excellent health and wellbeing.”
This position is located at Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital Emergency Department.
What you'll be doing
The Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) will manage a unit or ward in order to provide a quality standard of care to Northern Sydney Local Health District (NSLHD) Patients.
Candidates will need to meet the following criteria:
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrates these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
- Registered Nurse-Division 1 with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA), working towards or has obtained relevant management tertiary qualifications and/or relevant work experience with a demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and support a multi-disciplinary clinical team.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy in Microsoft Applications, roster management systems and electronic medical records.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in change management and initiating a new service delivery model within an established service.
- Evidence of and commitment to patient/customer focussed care, clinical governance and quality improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Patient Flow, Emergency Target Performance and Key Performance Indicators within the Emergency Department.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: