Expression Of Interest For Project Support Officer - Downer Defence Systems
Canberra Airport, ACT
Who we are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems are currently seeking Expressions of Interest from experienced Project Support Officers looking for opportunities within the Commonwealth Government Defence sector based in Canberra. Candidates must be Australian citizens and applicants residing outside of Australia will not be considered.
The Project Support Officer will provide a range of project management and support services including preparation of reports and briefs, coordinating resources, maintaining project documentation and implementing and monitoring project plans, to ensure project outcomes are met. An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle is required as well as the ability to establish and maintain stakeholder relationships through effective communication to facilitate exchange of information and support project completion in line with project plans.
- An experienced Project Support Officer professional who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Experience sourcing, collating and compiling data and information to identify emerging issues and track and report on project progress against established milestones and deliverables.
- Experience escalating issues and proposing solutions.
- Experience working in a high performing project team.
- Experience and understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Proficient in MS suite.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Hold an Australian Government security clearance.
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: