Triple Zero Emergency Call-takers - Police
Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority
Williams Landing, VIC
Are you looking for a career change? Our call-taker roles are both unique and rewarding – come work for ‘000’!
Applications for triple zero call-takers in 2020 are now open. ESTA is opening a new, state of the art, purpose built, triple zero communications centre in Williams Landing and is looking for people who want a role where they can contribute to the community, help save lives and help make Victoria safer.
ESTA is the critical link between the Victorian community and the state's emergency services agencies and it partners with the agencies to improve service delivery to the community. It provides Victoria's 24-hour emergency call-taking and dispatch services for police, fire, ambulance and VICSES and manages the provision of advanced, operational communications for police, ambulance, fire services and the SES. Its vision is to be a high-performing team trusted by the community and our partners to deliver the right emergency response, and its central goal is to save lives and prevent harm through speed and accuracy in emergency operations.
About the role
Call-takers receive and process all emergency and non-emergency calls from the public and other agencies, including:
- Answering Triple Zero calls and obtaining all the information required by following a standard sequence of procedures;
- Verifying the event location and accurately identifying it on a mapping system;
- Accurately entering all relevant information received into the ESTA Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system for use by a Dispatcher; and
- Processing updates and further information as the event or incident progresses.
Who we are looking for
ESTA Call-taker roles are unique and challenging and we have successful Call-takers from a wide range of occupation backgrounds, life stages and cultural backgrounds. We are seeking people who can demonstrate the following competencies:
- Use computer software and equipment to quickly and accurately complete tasks under time pressure (often while multi-tasking).
- Type quickly and accurately.
- Work with speed and accuracy within established procedures.
- Consistently achieve results through effective decision-making and persistence.
- Communicate effectively by listening, showing appropriate empathy and adapting your communication style to the situation.
- Composed and calm in pressure situations and tolerate stress.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of professional conduct and support for others.
- Learn quickly, enjoy developing your capability and embrace feedback.
Benefits & culture
- Belong to a connected and highly supportive and caring team, united by a common purpose
- 'You made a Difference employee award program
- Attractive pay and conditions including 5 weeks annual leave per year
- Comprehensive initial and ongoing training
- Discount rates for Health Insurance and Gym memberships
To find out more about this rewarding career opportunity, please visit our website www.esta.vic.gov.au and download a copy of the Applicant Information Kit from our People & Careers section.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: