Position Details Reference Number 38256 Position Title 2020 Emergency Registrar Training Scheme Employment Type Fixed Term Full Time Entity Monash Health Department Emergency Medicine Location Various Facilities Position Summary Emergency Medicine Registrar
- A career which has exceptional work opportunities
- Be part of a tertiary training program
- Renowned leaders in Emergency Medicine training
About Monash Health Monash Health is an impressive organisation of seven public hospitals, 21 community health sites, five aged care facilities, university affiliated international research and tertiary education. We provide healthcare for the entire lifespan from pre-birth to palliative care and all stages in between, and we have recently opened the new 230-bed Monash Children’s Hospital. About Emergency Medicine at Monash Health Monash Health has a large number of accredited emergency registrar training positions across three campuses serving Melbourne’s south-east: Monash Medical Centre (MMC) Clayton, Dandenong Hospital and Casey Hospital. Monash Health has an extensive and comprehensive FACEM training program with dedicated protected teaching time. Our teaching program covers the entire emergency medicine curriculum from the new or aspiring trainee to the advanced trainee or fellow, including preparation for the primary examination, research/4.10 component and fellowship examination. About the role
Monash Health is seeking positive, committed and inspiring trainees in Emergency Medicine. We invite you to join our team, dedicated to achieving exceptional patient care, and encouraging your professional growth and development by providing you a well-supported environment. If you are a prospective or current trainee in emergency medicine, you are invited to join our team at Monash Health in 2019. You will be supported and encouraged by our large number of enthusiastic ACEM physicians as you develop your skills and careers in an exciting and dynamic organisation. ACEM college trainee status at the time of application, while not essential, is strongly desirable. Applicants from either emergency or paediatric streams will be considered. Emergency Medicine accredited registrar positions (full time, part time and job sharing available by mutual agreement) commencing February 2020. Registrar positions are a combination of rotations throughout the four emergency departments in addition to an extensive number of non-ED rotations. Monash Medical Centre in Clayton consists of separate major referral /tertiary adult and paediatric EDs. It is the campus where our weekly protected registrar teaching is conducted. Dandenong Hospital is an urban district ED with ICU/HDU support, while Casey Hospital is our fourth ED in an area of rapid population growth with a critical care unit, including ICU currently under construction. All emergency departments are accredited by ACEM for emergency medicine training. Non-ED rotations include:
- Intensive care – including the all new Casey Hospital ICU in 2020
- Ward & Emergency Paediatrics (No log book at MMC Paediatrics ED)
- General & Acute care Medicine
- Toxicology and Addiction Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology (RWH)
- Eye & Ear rotations (Royal Eye and Ear Hospital)
- Retrieval medicine -Research/Education
- Interstate & country rotations (e.g.: Alice Springs)
- Sim Centre Registrar Position
- Trauma Rotation at Royal Melbourne Hospital (six months secondment)
Our team of dedicated educators and eleven active ACEM examiners are always keen to support trainees through written and clinical exams. Our educators have a highly developed examination preparation program (which includes hosting a state-wide practice written examination for fellowship candidates), and regular OSCE preparation, including simulation OSCEs facilitated by FACEM and paediatric emergency medicine simulation instructors, for the clinical exam candidates. Monash health candidates have an excellent success record in achieving both primary and fellowship examinations at first attempt. What we offer
- In-house ultrasound credentialing programme is run by experienced ultra-sonographers and echo techs.
- Registrars are credentialed for both eFAST and basic echocardiography in life support (BELS) through one to one bedside teaching by our dedicated staff.
- Attendance to professional development courses, seminars and conferences is encouraged and supported.
- Monash Health also offers salary packaging
- Discounted banking (BankVic)
- Discounted health insurance
- Onsite parking and
- Onsite gym and health club.
Please note this position uses online references. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure three references are completed online prior to the closing date. What you need
- A medical qualification (MBBS or equivalent) which is recognised for registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Current medical registration with AHPRA
- Current employee working with children’s check
- Preferably ACEM college trainee status, or RACP trainee status for joint paediatric emergency training (strongly desirable)
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles. Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Employee Working with Children's Check prior to any offers of employment being made. As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview. Please note, applications will be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered. Selection Criteria A current Employee Victorian Working with Children Check (WWCC) is required for all medical staff. If you have a WWCC please list the number and expiry date. If not, should you be successful for this position you will be required to supply a copy. You are required to attach a copy of your Primary & Specialist (if applicable) Medical Qualification in the Education Certificate section in the next step. Please respond YES to confirm your acknowledgement. If successful you will be required to present the original or certified copy to MDW. Candidates who are not Monash Health staff are required to attach a completed Fit2Work consent form along with 100 points of certified ID. Please respond YES to confirm your acknowledgment of this requirement or N/A if you are a current employee or an International Medical Graduate. Contact Person Name Position Phone Email