Registrar - Emergency Medicine
St John of God Health Care
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest Catholic providers of health care services in Australia. We operate 24 facilities comprising more than 3,400 hospital beds in Australia, as well as home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Geelong Hospital Emergency Department are an enthusiastic FACEM led team with excellent exposure of a wide variety of pathologies in a mixed ED. We currently have excellent opportunities available for ACEM trainees;
- Up to 6 months of ACEM-accredited advanced training
- One-on-one time with enthusiastic FACEMs - every shift.
- Excellent exposure to procedures, with high level WBA opportunities
- A flexible, family-and-study-friendly roster - no night shifts !
- Access to formal weekly teaching & structured exam preparation via University Hospital Geelong ED (located 5 minutes’ walk away)
- Access to the incredible lifestyle advantages that come with living & working in the Geelong region: world-class beaches, river & bay activities, cycling, arts, wineries, cafes & bars, excellent schools and
- St John of God Hospital Geelong is a large not-for-profit health care organisation that provides high quality health care to Geelong and the surrounding community.
- Inpatient services include a new ICU & all subspecialties except Psychiatry
- Our growing Emergency Department sees 11,000 patients per year, with approximately 15% paediatric presentations.
- ACEM-accredited for up to 6 months advanced training in ED (linked with University Hospital Geelong)
- Benefits include access to salary packaging and retention of all public service entitlements (e.g. Long service leave, sick leave etc.)
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Emergency registrars who are in the ACEM training program
- Ideally would suit an Advanced Trainee
- Graduate of an Australian Medical Council (AMC) accredited Medical school or equivalent
- Eligible for registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical board of Australia (AHPRA)
- A minimum of three years clinical experience
- Demonstrated clinical and procedural experience
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
Applications Close: 27 th July 2020
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: