Registered Nurse (Emergency Department) - Perm Ft Or Pt
South Western Sydney Local Health District
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time or Part Time, Up to 38 hours per week
Location: Fairfield Hospital
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration:$32.37 - $45.45 per hour
Requisition ID: REQ178347
Application Close Date: 16/08/2020
To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
Always dedicated to providing outstanding customer and patient care
About The Opportunity
Fairfield Hospital is recruiting for Registered Nurses to complement and enhance the current Emergency Department.
Life at South Western Sydney Local Health District is rewarding, progressive and diverse and is always focused on achieving our Vision of Leading Care, Healthier Communities.
Where You'll Be Working
At South Western Sydney Local Health District we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, where we don’t just accept differences but we honour and support it. Committed to providing a working environment that thrives and values diversity, we encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background and people with a disability to apply.
Transforming Your Experience (TYE) is SWSLHDs key strategy to always positively transform your, our patients, our consumers, our staffs and our communities experiences across our organisation and services. Our vision is that our care is always safe, high quality and personalised and all our staff are supported and empowered to achieve their full potential. SWSLHD upholds the CORE Values – Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment.
What You'll Be Doing
The Registered Nurse will provide safe, compassionate, quality, person centred care and work in collaboration with patients/families/carers and a multidisciplinary team to achieve identified goals and outcomes.
South Western Sydney Local Health District (SWSLHD) is focused on achieving our Vision of Leading Care, healthier communities.
All staff are expected to act as an appropriate and effective role model, promoting a culture that supports practices that reflect the NSW Health CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment through demonstrated behaviors and interactions with patients, clients and employees.
The vision of SWSLHD Nursing and Midwifery Service is Compassionate Nursing and Midwifery Care Always, through leading effective workplace cultures that improve the patient experience.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, please ensure you address the selection criteria as thoroughly as possible.
- Current Authority to Practice as a Registered Nurse with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated recent experience as a Registered Nurse in an environment appropriate to the relevant speciality
- Demonstrated ability to provide safe compassionate quality care that is culturally responsive
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and engage with patients/consumers, carers and the multidisciplinary health care team to identify and ensure responsiveness of care needs
- Demonstrated capacity to interact with others in a personable and professional manner and personally resolve conflicts when they arise
- Demonstrated evidence of the use of critical thinking as it relates to the delivery of evidenced based nursing care
- Demonstrated understanding and participation in risk management, work health and safety and quality improvement in the workplace
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to social justice, and to the issues of access and equity in health
- Click here for the Position Description
- Find out more about applying for this position
Interview Date Range: 19/08/2020 – 26/08/2020
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your application now.
Stepping Up – Close the Gap
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal applicants understand how to apply for roles with NSW Health by clarifying the recruitment and onboarding process.
If you are an Aboriginal person and wish to obtain more information about applying for a role within South Western Sydney Local Health District, please contact the SWSLHD Aboriginal Workforce Team on SWSLHD-AboriginalWorkforce@health.nsw.gov.au .
Connect with us on Twitter , Facebook and LinkedIn .
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: