Government Cyber Operations Specialist
Capital Hill, ACT
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,500 customers across 67 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
If you have a strong background in analysis and are looking to be at the forefront of technical threat tracking, then we want to hear from you! As a technical Cyber Operations Specialist, you will be part of the Mandiant Government Team in the Asia Pacific region, working with other likeminded folk focusing on operationalising today’s present and emerging cyber security threats. The successful candidate should be an independent, critical thinker skilled in using data to solve problems with an ability to integrate threat knowledge into operational support and solution to help drive support our government customer operations, as well as the broader FireEye customer base as required.
You will be responsible for working with our most advanced government clients utilizing the FireEye technical capabilities to achieve an intelligence led security approach to their most challenging operational problems. Our utilization and analysis of threat data enables a cohesive intelligence-led approach for our customers whilst enhancing our products, detections, services, deliverables, and support functions. We encourage contributions back to the security community and strongly support sharing of expertise
What You Will Do
- Focus on development of your skillsets to pursue the most advanced cyber threat groups we encounter
- Provide threat context and integration support to multiple FireEye service lines
- Maintain expert knowledge of advanced persistent threats tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) as well as forensics and incident response practices
- Analyze technical data to extract attacker TTPs, identify unique attributes of malware, map attacker infrastructure, and pivot to related threat data
- Identify and hunt for emerging threat activity across all internal/external sources
- Establish standards, taxonomy, and processes for threat modeling and integration
- Provide threat research and context to global service delivery for Mandiant and Managed Defense investigations
- Drive FireEye detections and technology through threat expertise and knowledge
- Perform threat research and analy cousis during high-severity cyber-attacks impacting FireEye customers globally
- Cross-coordinate threat data and trends between internal teams for rapid inclusion into customer deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; minimum 6 years of highly relevant experience if no degree
- 2 + years of experience in an analytical role of either network forensics, threat analyst, or security consultant/engineer
- 2 + years of experience in Investigative or Incident Response environments
- Must be eligible to work in Australia.
- Previous experience working with Australian Government is desirable.
- Currently has, or ability to hold security clearance is desirable.
- Technical experience in at least three of the following areas:
- Windows disk and memory forensics
- Network Security Monitoring (NSM), network traffic analysis, and log analysis
- Unix or Linux disk and memory forensics
- Static and dynamic malware analysis
- Applied knowledge in at least one scripting or development language (such as Python)
- Understanding of enterprise security controls in Active Directory / Windows environments
- Tracking threats in an intelligence function
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute
- Ability to set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders and team members
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analysis skills
- Experience working in fast-paced development environments
- Excellent inter-personal and teamwork skills
- Self-driven, proactive, hardworking, creative, team-player with a good sense of humor
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be sent directly to [email protected].
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: