Clinical Nurses - Emergency Department
The Emergency Department at the Mackay Base Hospital is looking for Clinical Nurses to join their team on a Permanent Full Time or Part Time basis.
The Emergency Department is a level 4 ED (Clinical Services & Capabilities Framework). The ED provides 24-hour 365-day service for the reception, assessment, treatment, observation, admission and discharge of adults and children with urgent and non-urgent illnesses.
Your Organisation – Mackay Hospital And Health Service
Mackay Hospital and Health Service has eight hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and two additional community health services that employ more than 2,700 staff. The Mackay district covers an area of approximately 90,000km 2 and provides services to approximately 182,000 people in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
Click here to find out more information about the Mackay HHS
The Clinical Nurse provides advanced level clinical skills to ensure patient-focused evidence-based nursing care, plans and coordinates the clinical management of patient/client care and provides leadership and support to other nursing staff within the Emergency Department.
The Emergency Department is a level 4 ED (Clinical Services & Capabilities Framework). The ED provides 24-hour 365-day service for the reception, assessment, treatment, observation, admission and discharge of adults and children with urgent and non-urgent illnesses. This includes:
- the management of medical and surgical conditions
- the management of trauma patients
- the management of paediatric illnesses (medical, surgical and orthopaedic)
- the management of psychiatric illnesses – adult and paediatric
- the management of obstetric and gynaecological cases
- the extended observation and management of patients in dedicated short stay unit
- the management of patients following sexual assault.
Some Additional Benefits Include
Mackay HHS provides a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities, provides roles with variety and flexibility, supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing and encourages work/life balance.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing initiatives and programs
In addition to any mandatory requirements specified on the Role Description, such as Professional Registration and Qualifications, and prior to being made an offer of employment, incumbents are required to demonstrate their immunity to all or some of the following Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD): Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (chicken pox), Pertussis (whooping cough).
Click here to find out more information about VPD
To Apply For This Exciting Opportunity
- Before applying ensure that you download and read the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants.
- Provide a short response (maximum 2 pages) outlining how your experience, abilities and knowledge will enable you to achieve the key responsibilities of the role. This is an opportunity to tell us about yourself, your professional career and why you are the right person for this job.
- Attach your current resume/CV , including contact details of two referees, preferably your current/past supervisor, who can confirm/support your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years.
Occupational group Health - Nursing
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: