Emergency Department Senior Social Worker (Covid 19)
Western Sydney Local Health District
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time and Temporary Part Time (Up to 31/12/20)
Position Classification: Social Worker Level 3
Remuneration: $50.51 - $52.20 per hour
Hours Per Week: Up to 38
Requisition ID: REQ177580
Location: Westmead Hospital & Blacktown Hospital
Where you'll be working
Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) is responsible for providing primary and secondary health care for people living in the Auburn, Blacktown, and The Hills Shire, Holroyd and Parramatta Local Government Areas (LGAs) and tertiary care to residents of the Greater Western Region. We are committed to our vision of 'better health services for the people of western Sydney and beyond' and to the delivery of health care or related services in line with our core values of collaboration, openness, respect and empowerment.
What you'll be doing
To work within the Allied Health Rapid Assessment, Intervention and Discharge – Emergency Department (RAID-ED) Team. The purpose of this roles is to prevent hospital admissions from the Emergency Department (ED) and facilitate early discharges through timely allied health multidisciplinary intervention.
This role places a focus on the patients’ needs and experiences to plan, coordinate, and implement in-depth levels of clinical expertise and extensive specialised knowledge within the ED environment for complex, comorbid and social presentations along with supporting existing medical, nursing and community teams in WSLHD.
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles in NSW Health organisations. For more information, please visit: http://www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au/ Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Westmead hospital car parking allocation model is changing. There is a waitlist for parking for new staff commencing at Westmead Hospital. This does not apply for staff with disability.
Blacktown hospital car parking allocation model is changing. There is a managed waitlist for parking for new staff commencing at Blacktown Hospital. This does not apply to staff with a disability parking permit.
Please note: A person who is not an Australian citizen or a permanent resident is only eligible for temporary employment for a period not longer than the duration of their current visa or a period not shorter than the duration of the advertised position.
Qualification: Tertiary qualification in Social Work
Registration: Eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW).
- Significant clinical experience in Social work, with substantial experience working in the emergency department and/or as a primary contact practitioner treating challenging patients with chronic and complex conditions.
- Well-developed time management skills with excellent written and verbal communication, including report writing skills and high level computer literacy.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues associated with working with culturally and linguistically diverse client groups
- Demonstrated experience in the development of clinical social work policies and procedures and/or guidelines.
- Excellent negotiation, decision making and advocacy skills including the ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, throughout all organisational levels
- Ability to initiate, lead, complete and share quality improvement initiatives and service evaluation processes and lead ongoing quality improvement activities with other staff
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to apply advanced reasoning skills and independent professional judgement when dealing with situations of a novel, complex or critical nature
- Demonstrated experience in supervision and teaching including clinical supervision and teaching of undergraduate/graduate entry level students.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: