Service Designer X 2 - Government, Based In Sydney Cbd
A government organisation is looking for 2 Service Designers. This is a contract role that will run up to the 5th of February next year and it is based in Sydney CBD.
The Service Designer is responsible for driving the design of innovative experiences that meet NSW Government and our Agency's objectives and goals. The Service Designer brings a deep understanding of design thinking with core strengths and experience in user research, interaction design and information architecture. The Service Designer is a key member of the team and works closely with NSW Government partner agencies and various stakeholders to design and deliver new products and services for the people of NSW.
- 5+ years of professional experience in user experience design or related field. Basic business analyst and consulting skill, including engaging business clients and capturing requirements, identifying gaps and collecting information.
- Deep understanding of design thinking principals and experience working with agile methodologies.
- Portfolio of work that includes samples from all areas of service design (customer journey maps, wireframes, prototypes etc.)
- Be highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to communicate honestly, openly and focussed on exceeding client expectations
- Passionate about digital and the possibilities it brings for clients
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment and multitask
- Aptitude for smart thinking
- Able to work well independently with clients, as a project lead or as an individual team member
- Considerable experience in a large and complex government of commercial environment that deliver enterprise scale systems with high availability that supporting business critical services.
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight timeframes.
- Be flexible to sometimes work outside business hours to deliver business functionalities
- Degree required in design related discipline
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: