Systems Engineer - Integrated Air And Missile Defence
Possible drives us at Northrop Grumman…
It’s at the heart of everything we do – compelling us to solve the challenges between space and below the waves. Working together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines, we share a drive to push the boundaries of advancement through science, technology and engineering.
Building on prior systems engineering experience, the Integrated Air and Missile Defence (IAMD) Systems Engineer will work closely with Northrop Grumman engineering staff to grow an Australian IAMD capability in support of AIR6500. This role will contribute to the full spectrum of engineering related tasks, including requirements development, architecture and design related tasks, development environment construction, and prototyping.
Locations considered for this role are Canberra, Brisbane, Williamtown (Newcastle) or Adelaide.
- Project Capture related support
- Requirements analysis and derivation
- System of Systems Architecture design and development using Model Based Systems Engineering methods
- Support implementation of agile systems engineering practices
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:
- Degree qualified Engineer capable of achieving Chartered status
- Electrical, Software, or Systems Engineering experience, including requirements management and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approaches
- Must be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DEFENCE security clearance
- Experience in large Australian Defence programs
- Have experience contributing to the development of new principles and concepts, working on unusually complex problems and providing solutions and working under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives
- Experience developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product
In return, you will have the opportunity to work for a world-leading defence security company and the chance to further develop your skills and ability. Our company recognises and rewards hard-work through a range of initiatives and incentives. We also offer career development and mentoring programs to help you further your career with Northrop Grumman. You will get the opportunity to work alongside some of the best and brightest in the industry.
Why Northrop Grumman?
We’re entering an exciting period of significant investment and progress in Australia, which means growth and opportunity for us and for you. You’ll get exposure to operating in unique environments and exciting opportunities to work with cutting-edge technology and capabilities.
We'll also offer...
- Professional Development Support – further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to online a range of online training including LinkedIn Learning, SkillSoft and Harvard Manage Mentor
- Up to 2 weeks additional purchased annual leave
- Novated car leases
- Generous maternity & parental leave entitlements
- Employee Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: