Psychiatric Emergency Care Team Manager
Latrobe Regional Hospital
Latrobe Regional Hospital (LRH) is the major provider of specialist health services in the Gippsland region, east of Melbourne. Our comprehensive range of services extends to emergency and intensive care, elective surgery, allied health, obstetrics, medical and radiation oncology at the Gippsland Cancer Care Centre, dialysis and aged care.LRH has a number of outstanding facilities following a recent expansion. These include a cardiac catheterisation laboratory, large Emergency Department, endoscopy suites and modern and contemporary inpatient units. These complement extensive Allied Health amenities including a gym and pool.LRH is the regional provider of mental health services in Gippsland. LRH Mental Health Service operates an integrated specialist mental health program across the region and provides inpatient and community mental health care for adults, children and young people and older persons.
Gippsland provides a fantastic regional lifestyle with easy access to Melbourne.
We are a passionate, recovery oriented and trauma informed service and we want like-minded Nurse practitioner in the Flynn Unit based at Latrobe Regional Hospital.
The Psychiatric Emergency Care Team (PECT) Manager shall provide clinical leadership, operational management, monitoring and evaluation of clinical mental health services to consumers and carers and lead the development of the agreed models of care within PECT. This includes using the agreed recovery tools (e.g. Optimal Health Program) and ensuring compliance with the state wide guidelines for acute assessments, interventions, timely follow up, mental health triage scale, MHaPR Standard Operating Procedures and quality and safety standards. The position has responsibility for the operational and clinical management of the Psychiatric Emergency Care Team (PECT) including budgets, quality and safety/performance targets and key performance indicators.
Personal Attributes required
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of change management process.
- High level of understanding of the mental health program and related issues
- High level of analytical skills and problem solving capacity and the ability to make recommendations in an ever changing and complex environment.
- Extensive knowledge of primary care/community service arrangements
- Ability to manage senior clinicians from diverse disciplines
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to meet deadlines
Key Competencies required
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of the Victorian Mental Health Act 2014, the National Standards for Mental Health Services 1996, the National Standards for the Mental Health Workforce 2002 and the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards
- Demonstrated experience in senior leadership roles.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop staff
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing innovative and workable solutions in a sensitive and complex service environment
- Highly developed written and interpersonal communication skills together with the ability to liaise, consult and negotiate effectively within the health/community service sector.
- Sound and contemporary clinical skills
Applicants will be required to apply for and satisfactorily obtain a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Latrobe Regional Hospital is a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. We recognise and value inclusion and diversity and encourage all people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for our positions.
LRH’s Koori Health Liaison Officer is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants on (03) 5173 8831.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: