Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Administration Officer Level 3
Remuneration: $59,763.25 - $61,730.90 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ214655
Applications Close: 09/03/2021
Together, Achieving Better Health
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District will drive innovation and excellence in health service delivery that provides safe, equitable, high quality, accessible, timely and efficient services that are responsive to the needs of patients and the community.
NBMLHD is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
About the Role
To provide efficient and effective patient services to the Emergency Department, Nepean Hospital whilst supporting meeting the National Emergency Access Targets and working within mandatory policies and procedures to ensure:
- Accurate collection of all mandatory patient registration data
- All admitted patients are interviewed and provided with all necessary information to make an informed decision about use of Private Health Insurance
- The identification and recording information regarding Private Patients, Overseas Patients, DVA Patients, MVA Patients and Workers Compensation Patients entering the hospital
- The provision of timely communication support to all clinical staff members
- Duties associated with the transfer and discharge of patients is undertaken promptly and correctly
- Compilation and maintenance of patient health care records
- Provision of exceptional customer service to all patients, relatives and hospital visitors
- Clerical support to the Emergency Department Short Stay Unit
- Monies are receipted for items purchased by ambulatory patients
Two full time permanent positions are available. The successful applicants of these positions will be required to work a 24/7 roster. Shifts will be a mix of day, afternoon, night and weekend.
About Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
The Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District provides world-class clinical care, research and innovation, and is committed to providing a workplace culture that values and promotes the growth of high performing teams and individuals. We are passionate about the work we do, and are committed to improving the health of our local community and enhancing the experience of all our patients.
See why people like you join our local health district – and welcome to the family! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2FVDzrwYZI
To check out our diverse workforce and see some of our recent innovative and community-focused achievements, browse our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8ZhAGF38E10CN2upBndvfA
If you would like more information about our Local Health district, please visit our website: http://www.nbmlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/
To apply, you need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold an appropriate work visa.
Selection Criteria to be addressed:
- Experience in a frontline customer service role and the ability to effectively use problem solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated computer literacy including proficient keyboard and data entry skills
- Willingness and ability to work a 24 hour rotating roster with flexibility and able to work additional shifts as requested
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy and demanding environment
- Ability to organise and set work priorities to meet department benchmarks and KPIs
- Understanding of and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
Need more information?
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Nicolette Footman via Nicolette.Footman@health.nsw.gov.au
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: