Hospital Medical Officers - Emergency - Pgy4+ (As Per Award)
Bairnsdale Regional Health Service
East Point, NT
BRHS is based in a beautiful part of Victoria on the Gippsland Lakes. This role will enable you to pursue your career goals whilst enjoying a fantastic work/life balance as part of a friendly, regional community. BRHS is East Gippsland’s largest healthcare provider and employer offering a rewarding work environment providing challenge, variety and a range of new opportunities.
Located at the gateway to the Lakes and Wilderness region, and an easy three hour drive from Melbourne, you can enjoy easy access to the Gippsland lakes and beaches, national parks and the snowfields. Fantastic lifestyle options are available combined with the opportunity to enhance your Medical career.
Our Medical team at BRHS is expanding and we are seeking HMO's with a minimum of 4 years postgraduate experience including extensive experience in Emergency Medicine and General Practice. In this role you will deliver high-quality and locally appropriate medical care in our Emergency department and also as part of a monthly 4 day service to Omeo District Health Service. You will work with a dedicated and experienced team of health professionals including Senior Medical Officers, GP's and experienced Emergency nurses. If you have solid Emergency experience and education and are keen to further develop your skills in this area, we want to hear from you.
As the largest healthcare provider in East Gippsland, Bairnsdale Regional Health Service (BRHS) provides services to a rapidly growing population. The BRHS Medical Workforce provides services across a broad spectrum of care including our Emergency Department which currently receives approximately 20,000 varied presentations per year.
This diverse role will provide a great environment to extend your clinical skills in Emergency medicine and General Practice. Specialist rural and remote training pathways exist and applicants with these career aspirations will be supported and encouraged to work towards these with opportunities to gain GP placements negotiable.
All applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (or equivalent)
- A minimum 4 years full time postgraduate experience in clinical hospital medicine, including extensive experience in Emergency Medicine and General Practice.
- Australian health care experience is highly regarded.
- Competence in advanced life support techniques
- Current AHPRA General registration or eligibility for provisional or limited registration
This role will provide you with the opportunity to enjoy:
- Exposure to a range of interesting and broad presentations to ED and the SSU
- Strong links to the Monash University School of Rural Health - located at the BRHS campus
- Wide-spread experience in rural health practice
- Comprehensive support and development provided to progress your medical career
- Being part of a friendly and supportive team
- Flexible working options and fantastic work/life balance
- Full Time position with monthly 4 day General Practice rotation at a Rural Health Service
The successful applicants will also receive the following organizational benefits:
- An attractive remuneration package relevant to experience, commencing at $104,670 for a PGY4
- Access to an extensive range of salary packaging options including novated leasing, meal, entertainment and venue hire card and relocation expenses
- Generous professional development support
- Provision of initial accommodation and relocation support
- Health and Wellbeing programs including gym membership at corporate rates
Please contact: Lisa James, Medical Workforce Coordinator on at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Applications are to include a covering letter, resume and response to the key selection criteria as listed in the position description and be submitted by selection “Apply Now” below.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: