Employment Type: Visiting Medical Officer
Requisition ID: REQ 143540
Position Title: Visiting Medical Officer – General
Practitioner – Emergency Department – up to 2 FTE
How to apply
Your application is to be submitted through E-Credential
ONLY. To apply please click this link,
Applications close on 12 January 2020and must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Please refer to the Application Guide for instructions on how to create
a Clinician Profile and a list of mandatory requirements for all Senior Medical
& Dental Officer applications. If you are experiencing any
difficulties please first refer to the User Guide attached to this advertisement.
Alternatively you can contact Senior Medical Workforce Unit on 4734 2501. For all enquiries relating to the position and its function, you must contact
the designated contact person.
are invited from suitably qualified medical practitioners for the above
position Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District. The position will be primarily located at Blue Mountains
District ANZAC Memorial Hospital within the Department of Emergency Medicine.
of sessions will be flexible dependent on the applicants’ availability up to 2 FTE at 40 hours per week each at
Blue Mountains District ANZAC Memorial Hospital. Appointees may be
eligible for credentialing and privileging across all other facilities in the Nepean Blue Mountains Local
Together, Achieving Better Health
Nepean Blue Mountains Local
Health District will drive innovation and excellence in health service delivery
that provides safe, equitable, high quality, accessible, timely and efficient
services that are responsive to the needs of patients and the community
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health
District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages diversity and
inclusion within our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal
and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and people from
culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
About Nepean Blue Mountains
Local Health District
The Nepean Blue Mountains Local
Health District provides world-class clinical care, research and innovation,
and is committed to providing a workplace culture that values and promotes the
growth of high performing teams and individuals. We are passionate about
the work we do, and are committed to improving the health of our local
community and enhancing the experience of all our patients.
See why people like you join our
local health district – and welcome to the family! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2FVDzrwYZI
To check out our diverse workforce and see some of our
recent innovative and community-focused achievements, browse our YouTube
If you would like
more information about our Local Health district, please visit our
- Possess or be eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Possess Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners or equivalent as provided for in the Health Insurance ACT1997 and the Public Hospital (Visiting Medical Officers Sessional Contracts). Evidence of Continuing Medical Education and self-monitoring /audit practices consistent with the scope of practice requirements for the position.
- Sound clinical knowledge in Emergency Medicine demonstrated through successful clinical practice in an environment appropriate to the requirements of the position including evidence of participation in quality assurance activities relevant to the specialty.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching and junior medical staff supervision consistent with contemporary best practice supervision standards.
- Demonstrates the skills and attitudes appropriate for practice as a Senior Medical Practitioner including modelling of a high standard of professional behaviour to junior medical staff.
- Sound clinical knowledge in the subspecialty of Emergency Medicine demonstrated by relevant qualifications and/or appropriate post-Fellowship clinical experience.
- Familiarity with research concepts and commitment to support basic, applied or clinical research as required within the Department.
Conditions of appointment are
in accordance with the Health Services Act 1997, and
Employees and Contractors must abide by the
NSW Health Code of Conduct.
Employees and Contractors must abide by the NSW Health Code of Conduct.
The position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of Children’s Guardian website: http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check
Successful applicants will be required to obtain required vaccinations prior to commencing employment. Please click on the link for further information: http://www1.health.nsw.gov.au/pds/ActivePDSDocuments/PD2018_009.pdf
To see a full position description, please click here
To apply, you need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold an appropriate work visa.
Public Hospital (Visiting Medical Officer Sessional Contract) Determination
Judith Walloscheck, Acting General Manager Blue Mountains District ANZAC Memorial Hospital
Dr Kate Cush Clinical Lead, Emergency Department, Blue Mountains District ANZAC Memorial Hospital
PH: 02 4784 5648
We respectfully request no agencies approach