To view further information on the internal mobility commitment click here
Manager Governance and Risk
Department of Customer Service
The NSW Telco Authority promotes flexibility and we will consider part time, job share and other flexible arrangements.
NSW Telco Authority is working with government agencies, and other partners to design and build the next generation of critical and non-critical operational communications services for NSW Government agencies, to better enable them to service and protect NSW communities.
This includes the Critical Communications Enhancement Program (CCEP), with an investment of $320 million by NSW Government, across four years to build an enhanced government radio network, a key role in the development of a national Public Safety Mobile Broadband (PSMB) capability, and the Regional Digital Connectivity and NSW Mobile Black Spot program among
Culture is key to the success of the Authority’s fast-moving environment, where partners and stakeholders operate to a ‘one team’ charter, based on the Authority’s values of Service, Transparency, Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Safety.
The NSW Telco Authority operates as a standalone Statutory Authority within the Department of Customer Service.
For more information on NSW Telco Authority https://www.telco.nsw.gov.au/
About the Role
The NSW Telco Authority is looking for a Manager, Governance & Risk to join our team. This role has a broad scope with responsibilities including governance of project portfolio, risk management, business continuity management, health safety & environment (HSE), audit, reporting and also project prioritisation selection and portfolio optimisation. The role will be required to collaborate with key partners across the business and across the department.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop, document and embed the operation of the project portfolio management framework, practices, roles and responsibilities and ensure they are well understood across the enterprise.
- Leverage your specialist project portfolio knowledge and skills to further refine and develop the governance model
- Work to enhance, in conjunction with finance and project delivery leadership teams, the financial planning forecasting and reporting of project investment/funding and budgeting decisions across the project governance life-cycle. Do this by identifying and leveraging valued data to inform decisions.
- Work alongside the Project Delivery leadership team to continuously refine and improve the project delivery governance life cycle, particularly in the standardised reporting and management of risk and the balance of threats and opportunities across the portfolio
- Improve the existing risk management practices at the project delivery level in parallel to building a consolidated and coordinated view of risk at the enterprise portfolio projects level.
- Coordinate the periodic compilation and review of key project/portfolio KPI reports
- Raise and escalate issues affecting portfolio and governance as appropriate
- Oversee the management and maintenance of the Business Continuity Plan. Have an in-depth knowledge of business continuity to conduct a detailed and thorough review of all BC Plans and formulation of organisation-specific tests and exercises.
- Oversees the improvement of the WHS management system framework and supporting management processes.
- Ensure all internal and external audit requests are complete and recommendations are implemented.
What you’ve done:
- Extensive experience in project portfolio management and governance of portfolio’s within a fast paced, busy working environment
- Experience with project management systems, tools and processes and how these are practically used in a PMO or Project environment
- Have a robust working knowledge of resource demand and capacity planning models, tools and strategies
- Excellent executive written and oral communication skills with strong ability to lead and influence stakeholders across different levels (including Executive Director level)
- Actively enagage with senior executives and Board
What you need to enjoy and be good at for this role:
- Well-developed analytical skills
- A questioning and inquisitive disposition
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- An engaging manner
- Motivated self-starter and disciplined time manager
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated Program Management experience in a Prince2/Agile environment
- Strong Project/Program Management skills with at least ten years of managing projects/programs
Telco Authority is committed to increasing representation of Aboriginal people across our workforce including assistance throughout the recruitment process via our recruitment partner, Yarn’n Aboriginal Employment Services. Contact Yarn’n, (02) 9319 4000, for information and assistance.
Working at Department
of Customer Service
The Department of Customer Service is a great place to work!
Our values of accountability, trust, service and integrity drive our
initiatives and culture. We support innovative programs in areas as broad as
digital government, consumer protection and major public works. We are an inclusive
organisation that celebrates diversity and flexible work practices and believe
our people are our greatest asset.
Salary Grade 11/12, with the base salary for this role starting
at 128,089 base plus superannuation
Click Here to access the Role Description. For enquires relating to recruitment please
contact Claudia Aubert via email@example.com.
Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd October at 9:59am
The Department of Customer Service is an EEO employer and
welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people
from diverse cultures and people with a disability. At the Department, we
endeavour to make roles flexible. While this role is advertised as full time,
we will consider requests to undertake the work flexibly.